Its all about my dreams and a place for my husband and I to post for the internet community and our family and friends about a wide variety of topics whether it be hobbies,current events or our everyday lives.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nice And Sad Story

I LOVE this story So want to share you guys ....

Somewhere in Milaor, Camarines Sur, there lived a
fourth grader boy who

would follow this route to school everyday: He has to
cross the rugged

plains and cross the dangerous highway where vehicles
are recklessly

driving to and from.

Once past this highway, the boy would take a short
cut, passing by the

Church every morning just to say Hi to God, and
faithfully say

his, "Magandang umaga po" in Bicol dialect. He was
faithfully being

watched by a Priest who was happy to find innocence so
uplifting in the

morning,

"Kamusta, Andoy? Papasok ka na?"

"Opo padre ... "he would flash his innocent grin, the
priest would be

touched. He was so concerned that one day he talked to
Andoy.

"From school...", he advised "Do not cross the
highway, you can

pass through the Church and I can accompany you to the
other side of the

road...that way I can see that you are home safe...."

"Thank you father ... "Why don't you go home ... do
you stay in

this church right after school?"

"I just want to say "Hi" to my friend, God,"and the
priest

would leave the boy to spend time beside the altar,

talking to himself, but the priest was hiding behind
the altar to listen

to what this boy has to say to his heavenly FATHER.

"You know my math exam was pretty bad today, but I did
not cheat although

my seatmate is bullying me for notes... I ate one
cracker and drank my

water, Itay had a bad season and all I can eat is this
cracker.

Thank you for this! I saw a poor kitten who was hungry
and I know how he

feels so I gave my last cracker to him ... funny but I
am not that hungry.

Look, this is my last pair of slippers ...I may have
to walk barefoot next

week, you see this is about to be broken... but it is
okay....at least I am

still going to school.... Some say we will have a hard
season this month,

some of my classmates have already stopped going to
school ... please help

them get to school again, please God?

...Oh, you know, Inay hit me again, it is painful, but
I know this pain

will pass away, at least I still have a mother....
God, you want to see my

bruises? I know you can heal them.... Here... here and
.... oh ...blood

...I guess you knew about this one huh? Please don't
be mad at Inay, she

is

just tired and she worries for the food in our table
and my schooling that

is why she hits us....Oh, I think I am in love ...
there's this pretty girl

in my class, her

name is Anita ... do you think she will like me?
Anyway, at least I know

you will always like me, I don't have to be anybody
just to please you, you

are

my very best friend! Hey your birthday is two days
from now!!! Aren't you

excited? I am! Wait till you see, I have a gift for
you .... but it is a

surprise! I hope you will like it! Oooops, I have to
go ..." then he stood

up and calls out, "Padre, padre, I am finished talking
to my friend ...

youcan accompany me to the other side of the road now"

This routine happens everyday. Andoy never fails.
Father Agaton shares this

every Sunday to the people in his church because he
has not seen a very

pure faith and trust in God, a very positive look at
negative situations.

One Christmas day, Father Agaton was sick so he could
not make it in the

Church, he was sent to the hospital. The Church was
left to 4 manangs who

would chant the rosary in 1000 miles per hour, would
not smile and would

always find fault in what you do, they were also very
well versed in

cursing

if you irritate them! They were kneeling, saying their
kilometric rosary

when Andoy, coming from his Christmas party,playfully
dashed in.

"Hello God! I ....."

"P----!! (a curse) bata ka!! Alam mo nang may
nagdadasal!! Alis!!"

Poor Andoy was so terrified, "Where's Father Agaton?
He is supposed to

help me cross the street .... and to be able to cross
the street I will

have

to pass by the back door of this church ...not only
that, I have to greet

Jesus. It is His birthday, I have a gift right
here....

" Just as he was about to get the gift out of his
shirt, the manang pulled

his shirt and threw him out of the church.
"Susmaryosep!!! (does the sign

of the cross fervently) Alis kang bata ka, kung hindi
matatamaan ka!!!

So the boy had no choice but to cross the dangerous
side of the road in

front of the church. He crossed. A fast moving bus
came in.

There was a blind curve. The boy was protecting his
gift inside his

shirt,

so he was not looking. There was so little time. Andoy
died on the spot. A

lot of people crowded the poor boy, the body of a
lifeless young boy ...

Suddenly, out of nowhere a tall man in a pure white
shirt and pants, a

face so mild and gentle, but with eyes full of
tears... He came and carried

the boy in His arms. He was crying. Curious bystanders
nudged the man in

white, and asked,

"Excuse me sir, are you related to this child?

Do you know this child?"

The man in white, His face mourning and in agony,
looked up and

answered,

"He was my best friend .... " was all he said. He took
the badly

wrapped gift in the bloody chest of the lifeless boy,
and placed it near

His heart.

He stood up and carried the boy away and they both
disappeared in sight.

The crowd was curious ...

On Christmas Eve, Father Agaton learned of the
shocking news. He visited

the house, and wanted to verify about the man in
white. He consulted the

parents of Andoy.

"How did you know that your son died?"

"A man in white brought him here." sobbed the mother.
"What did

he say?"

The father answered, "He did not say anything. He was
mourning. We do not

know him and yet he was very lonely about our son's
death, as if he knew

our

son very well. But there was something peaceful and
unexplainable about

him.

He

gave me my son, and then he smiled peacefully. He
brushed my son's hair

away from his face and kissed him on his forehead,
then he whispered

something..."

"What did he say?"

"He said to my boy..." the father began, "Thank you
for the gift

... I will see you soon ... you will be with me..."
and the father

of the boy continued, "and you know for a while, it
felt so

wonderful ... I cried, but I do not know why....all I
know is I

cried tears of joy ... I could not explain it, Father,
but when

that man left, something peaceful came over me, I felt
a deep sense

of love inside ... I could not explain the joy in my
heart, I knew

my boy is in heaven now but...tell me, Father, who is
this man that my son

talks to everyday in your church, you should know
because you are always

there ... except at the time of his death ....."Father
Agaton suddenly

felt the tears welling in his eyes, with

trembling knees, he murmurred, " ... He was talking to
no one .....

but .. GOD...."

2 Comments:

Lou said...

friend, ang haba naman nito huhuhuhu

take care!

Anonymous said...

wow nice story too. Thanks for visiting and commenting!