Its all about my dreams and a place for my husband and I to post for the internet community and our family and friends about a wide variety of topics whether it be hobbies,current events or our everyday lives.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

On a Positive Note...

It's now on the fifth month since the announcement of global economic crises. Many company closes and so a lot of people lose their jobs and I'm not an exemption to that. I had two jobs before but when economic crises hit Canada I also lost my job two jobs. My family in the Philippines was also affected by it especially my sister who work for Intel Philippines. Their company closed and so she had no choice but to leave the company that she worked with for eleven years.

Though there's a lot of bad things happening around us, we should not forget to also count the blessings that we are receiving each day. Yes, I lost my job but my hubby got a new one with much higher pay. Yes, I lost my job but somehow it will give me time to go back to school and that is what I wanted to do right now. Yes, my sister lost her job but because of her separation pay my family were able to get back the the land that has been put into collaterals for our loan. Yes, my sister lost her job but before she lost it she was able to finish collage with the help of the company that she work with for 11 years.

There maybe lots of things that has been lost because of the economic downfall but looking back, we are still lucky because we are alive. Never miss to count your blessings each day and you will realize how lucky you are. God is always with us and so we will always be in good hand. Learn to trust God and you will be alright...

4 Comments:

mela said...

nice post. we should all remain positive despite the crisis. job or no job, there's always something to be thankful for.

Unknown said...

Amen for this one Laura dear! Keep it up, hope to catch u online uli, miss chatting to you na kasi... Stay safe lagi and GOD BLESS!

Gorgeous MUM said...

you're so right, laura! we should all try to look at things on a positive perspective. i do believe that when a door closes, there will always be a window waiting to be opened. and god has his ways . . .

take care!

joy said...

it is always right to see the brighter side of things because the blessings in our lives abound. thanks for sharing this positive post and for inspiring me to see the brighter side of things.