Its all about my dreams and a place for my husband and I to post for the internet community and our family and friends about a wide variety of topics whether it be hobbies,current events or our everyday lives.

Monday, September 29, 2008

ECG or electrocardiogram

ECG in electronic world simply means a noninvasive transthoraric graphic produced by electrocardiograph, an instrument for recording the waveforms of voltages developed in the chest and lower parts of the human body in synchronism with the action of the heart. Huh? I don’t really get it but I need to understand because I wanted to know why a person needs to undergo an ECG because having a full understanding about it I would also understand a bit why the doctor suggested that my mom should undergo ECG. But reading those jargons makes me wonder even more so I decided to research about it not only for myself but for my readers as well. I know that a lot of us been hearing about it but never really understand or often times we misunderstood our doctor and create panic for us.

So as I go to my research I learned that ECG is a test checks for problems with electrical activity of your heart. Electrocardiograph translates the heart’s electrical activity into line tracings on paper. The spikes and dips in the lines tracings are called waves which gave an idea what’s going on inside your heart. Through that doctors can find and diagnose the cause of unexplained chest pain which could be caused by a heart attack, inflammation or the sac surrounding of the heart or angina. Through ECG, doctors can also find the cause of symptoms of heart disease such as shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting or rapid irregular heartbeat. It also helps find out if the walls of the heart chambers are too thick.

Having read and learned more about ECG, I now understand why the doctors advise my mom to undergo ECG. I’m just hopping that the result is negative or incase there is some abnormalities on her condition at least we will know how to react and address the problem rather than not knowing what’s going on. I hope I’m also able to share what I learned.

0 Comments: